Want to try something new but not chocolatey? Here, try out this recipe of lemon brownies that will blow your mind. These lemon brownie bars are fashionably called yellow blondies. Their perfect gooey texture, with a burst of lemon flavor is all you need this summer. Take a bite or two… perhaps three? You would want it all until it is finished so be smart and bake two batches. A slice of heaven as you may call it, these lemon brownies covered with glaze are irresistible. We guarantee that even if you are a chocolate lover, these lemon brownies might become your most favorite dessert.
Without wasting any more thoughts on this, head straight to your kitchen and start prepping for this sweet, tangy, and flavorful delight. It is a perfect treat for your taste buds!
Supplies you’ll need
For Lemon Brownies:
Unsalted Butter – Add ½ Cup softened butter to give your brownies a gooey texture that melts in your mouth
All-Purpose Flour – Measure ¾ Cup of this essential ingredient which helps maintain shape and yield a tender texture
2 Eggs – Use two large-sized. Eggs are essential in baking as its protein and fat content adds richness and fudgy-ness to your mixture
Lemon Zest – Add 2 Tablespoon. Don’t know how to zest a lemon? We got it all covered. Continue reading!
Lemon Juice –Squeeze 2 Tablespoon from fresh lemons
Confectioner’s Sugar – ¾ Cup of sugar is the right amount to achieve a balance sweet lemony taste
Sea Salt – ¼ Teaspoon
For Tart Lemon Glaze:
Lemon Juice – Squeeze 4 Tablespoon to add natural flavor of lemon
Lemon Zest – 8 Teaspoon will really amp up the taste Icing
Sugar – 1 Cup to dissolve lemon zest for enhanced taste
8 x 8 baking pan Electric Blender Spatula Zest or Microplane Grater
Learn how to zest a lemon
– Pick up a few fresh lemons from the supermarket. Wash and clean them in warm water and dry well.
– Grate your lemon on the zest grater to produce fine pieces of lemon zest.
– Only grate the yellow layer of the lemon, and stop when you see the white pith. The white pith is bitter that will ruin the taste.
– Keep turning the lemon 360° to remove the maximum zest possible.
Follow your Chef – a step by step guide
Making the cake
– Step1: Prepare your Oven Preheat the oven at 350°F or 180°C. Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan with butter or non-stick spray.
– Step 2: For the love of lemons Zest and juice two lemons and set aside.
– Step 3: Make your batter Grab a large bowl add flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter and mix using an electric beater until it is well combined and fluffy. Swiftly beat together eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until it is perfectly blended. Now combine the egg mixture into the flour one and beat for two minutes at medium speed. Stop when you feel that the batter is smooth and creamy.
– Step 4: Ready to bake! Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and put it inside the oven to bake for 23-25 minutes. Wait till the edges turn golden. You can check by inserting a toothpick into the batter and if it comes out clean your brownies are done so remove from oven. Do not over bake or it will lose its moisture.
Making the glaze
This simple three-ingredient lemon glazing recipe is your final step towards adding fresh lemon flavor to your brownies.
Lemon glazing is the true essence of this recipe that will infuse sweetness and tartness of lemons in the brownies. It is indeed the easiest glazing recipe you will come across and compliments any basic flavored baked item. On the good side, this glazing recipe is low on calories compared to normal icing. So what are you waiting for?? Rollover to your kitchen counter and start working.
Take a medium-sized bowl and begin by adding lemon zest and lemon juice to confectioner’s sugar. Mix all ingredients using a rubber spatula until its smooth. Sugar succumbs the volatile oils from the zest to give that exquisite lemon flavor when added to food. Wait for your brownies to cool completely and then remove it from the baking dish. In a microwave warm up your glazing and drizzle it on top of the brownies.
Your zesty lemon brownies enriched with flavor is ready to be presented in front of family and friends. In a few minutes, the translucent glaze shall harden giving a soft crumbly texture on every bite. Just the first bite of it will make you crave for more and more. And you mustn’t stop! Savor every last bit of this lemon delight or you will regret it.
Pro tips for you to follow
Softened butter is not equal to melted butter. Make sure to take softened butter at room temperature to create fluffy and tender texture. When in baking, butter is creamed together with sugar, as they combine a whole network of fat, sugar, and air.
Use cold eggs. Cold eggs have more moisture and produce a supple layer of crumb when the batter is baked.
Let it cool. Do not haste in removing the baked brownies from the pan. Let it cool or they will break apart.